I am going to revamp my canva creations with the new skills I have recently learned. For the topic 6 blog, I posted projects I had made prior to the blog for my role as the social media manager of the uvic wsoc team. After learning more about Canva, I have revamped two of my previous projects. The material from topic 6 taught me a lot of interesting and very relevant pieces of information. I have always had a passion for editing images and crafting digital artwork. I really enjoyed learning more in depth about Canva. I have applied my new learnt knowledge to the two pieces of artwork I posted for my topic 6 blog post. 

Paige Krivoshein Project created with Canva

For this canva product, the focus was to celebrate International Women’s Day. As a female sports team, I believe we sit in a valuable position for this day in particular and I wanted to show the team’s awareness of that. With the new information I learned from the topic 6 material, I added a hot pink squiggly line as an accent colour and to utilize the power of lines. I learned that lines hold great significance because they help emphasize a graphic. It is important to pay close attention to what kind of line you are adding to your graphic. Different styles of lines can imply different things. I specifically chose a squiggly line to represent the delicacy and class that comes with International Women’s Day. Women have not always been valued the way that they are today therefore, I believe that it is important to emphasize their value through a classy and delicate line. Additionally, I believe there is value to the colour of lines I implemented because traditionally, pink represents females. I specifically chose hot pink because this shade is bright and bold, as we are as women. 

I also learned the relevance of multimedia learning principles to smartphone photography. Specifically, the coherence principle, which is the idea that people learn better when extraneous information is excluded instead of included. With regard to my sketchnoting blog, I could have precisely cropped it to eliminate any visual distractions.

Sketchnote created by Paige Krivoshein